Renaissance Academy Charter School of the Arts was co-founded by Dr. Donna Marie Cozine and David Silver. Both shared a vision that the arts are fundamental to student learning. Our school opened in 2014 with 194 kindergarten-2nd grade students and 36 staff members. We have since grown significantly, with ~100 staff members serving just over 500 kindergarten-6th grade students. Our campus has expanded as well, with a new addition added in 2018 to house music, dance, visual art, and library classrooms.
We believe. . .
• that an arts education is a catalyst for the academic and social success of all students.
• in rigorous academic expectations.
• all children can excel in specific areas of expertise.
• social, aesthetic, physical and academic skillsets are critical for an informed education.
• in a commitment to improving the quality of education.
• through the contribution of our individual groups and exploring the gifts of others we will learn both discipline and creativity.
• We believe that enveloped in our culture students will develop:
Excellent communication skills
High levels of critical, analytical and creative thinking
Deep content knowledge
A strong sense of possibility and aspiration for achievement